Search This Blog

Sunday 20 February 2011

Conference, Resurrection & a tipping boat

The last two weeks have passed with varying degrees of emotion ranging from joy to dread.

Firstly I'd like to wish our darling fundraising manager, Abigail, the very happiest of Birthday's
I hope it was all she wanted and more, she deserves far more - always.

Rower 1 has been visiting family in Abu Dhabi and has also been working on a new business proposal
for our potential corporate sponsors, taking full advantage of his Father' experience in such matters. I
look forward to reading it and seeing ourselves as a product a new. Safe trip home R2 you have been
missed mainly by me I suspect as Abi has probably enjoyed having me to herself for a while, honestly
though - training feels like empty achievements without you...

This week I have had time to write up our schools program and seek advice on the ways to approach it
with local schools in mind. The idea is that we go in for an afternoon to explain what we're doing, why
and how... engaging children in an educational format with a cross subject emphasis and hoping to
encourage young people with the idea that anything is achievable with hard work and determination.
We are also intending to do a cool bit about ocean preservation and sea life, Education and Fun! most
importantly...

I have also organised a charity car wash day next Friday (25/02/11) at Shire hall Cambridge, there is a
booking system via email or phone, alternatively people can turn up on the day... any volunteers welcome.

Being separated from my shadow (Tom) this week has also given me time to enjoy a little bit of something
I once had a lot of, time alone. I have indulged in various forms of entertainment and some of which I feel
I absolutely must recommend - number the film BRONSON the dramatisation of the Eponymous and notorious
British prisoner, this film is brilliant. Tom Hardy in his first major lead is astoundingly good as the menacing
and brooding time bomb, what a talent - I urge you to see it!...

Number two, something I have been meaning to catch for years and missed it at the arts cinema is a film
called HEIMA from the ethereal icelandic band Sigur Ros. This is beautifully and simply shot in a landscape that
is palpably wonderous, it is easy to see how the music from a great band has been influence by this surrounding
habitat, it is quite literally captivating, please watch it as soon as you can. It's Phenomenal!

Ok so lastly I also want to send out our best wishes to the two guys rowing Papa Delta on the Atlantic at the moment,
they've had a pretty tough few weeks with several capsizings, emergency food drops and a whale following them. If you
haven't seen them in the news this last week you can find them through our face book page, they have been great to
us so far with advice and help on certain aspects of our campaign, we are also hoping to use their boat on their safe
return... Good luck guys, keep up the hard work and we're thinking of you. (Please follow them, find them at Matt&Chris
Cleghorn through our Facebook page).


Ok folks that's it for now, keep following and supporting, we're truly humbled by all your efforts with us so far.

Over & out, R2.

No comments:

Post a Comment